The temperatures have started to drop, the pumpkin spice items are for sale, and the stores that sell Halloween costumes are open. With just a little more than a month to go before the trick or treating holiday arrives, children and adults alike are making plans for their Halloween costume ideas. Masters of disguise themselves, stores that sell Halloween costumes often pop up in a variety of places. From stand alone buildings where a popular restaurant once existed to empty mall locations, the best Halloween costume stores take advantage of short term leases in otherwise abandoned spaces to limit their overhead.
Although there are some party costume stores that are open year round, there are an increasing number of locations that simply open for the short window when families are making plans the celebrate the spooky holiday that is now wildly popular..
Party Costume Ideas Can Include a Wide Range of Choices
You would have had to be hiding under a rock for the last decade to miss out on how wildly popular the Halloween season is. From adult costume parties to more traditional school parties and door to door trick or treating, there are a wide range of costumes that appeal to many different people.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the Halloween and harvest time decorating industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Unable to resist celebrating a little themselves, as many as 62% of parents admit that they are guilty of stealing some of their child’s candy.
- 68% of Americans indicate that chocolate is their favorite Halloween candy.
- 3.76 million children in America dress as their favorite superhero on Halloween.
- 2.93 million children in America dress as their favorite princess on Halloween.
- Yearly Halloween expenditure in America amounts to as much as $9.1 billion.
- With seven out of 10 consumers planning to hand out candy, it was estimated that more than 179 million Americans would celebrate Halloween in the year 2017.
Although you can sometimes find the costumes that you want online, there are many consumers who want to look at a costumer in persona before making a purchase. In some cases, it is even important that you find a store that will let you try on the costumes that you are considering.